ICYMI: J'adore Detroit was just featured on Fox 2, sharing our favorite activities to do with Dad in the D for Father's Day.
Whether your Dad likes to throw around the football or get swanky at a garden party, we have you and your Daddy-o covered for the weekend.
5 things to do with Dad in the D for Father’s Day
1. Detroit Axe: Channel your inner lumberjack by throwing Axe’s with Dad at Detroit Axe. Anyone 14 years or older can participate in axe throwing. Walk-ins are welcome, but for parties over 6 it’s a good idea to make a reservation.
2. Fowling: The Fowling Warehouse in Hamtramck combines football and bowling into one fun activity. You can either walk in or reserve a lane ahead of time. Saturday’s and Sunday’s are kid friendly. Anyone over 10 years of age is welcome to play.
3. Detroit Dart Club: What’s more fun than a nerf gun fight? This is a great activity the whole family can be involved in. I recommend calling ahead to make reservations as there are no walk-in's on Father's Day. It’s also BYO food, so feel free to turn it into a pizza party for Dad. Anyone over 6 years of age can participate.
4. The Whitney: Detroit’s historic Whitney is hosting its annual Father’s Day Party. This is the perfect way to give Dad a BBQ dinner without the clean-up. For only $29 per person you get a great BBQ dinner, live entertainment and a VIP gift for Dad.
5. Brew Cruise on the Detroit River: Motor City Brew Tours is hosting a Father’s Day Beer Tasting Boat Cruise on the Detroit Princess. The trip is 3 hours and features more than 30 seasonal beers and ciders from Michigan and beyond.
xoxo - Candice Simons