Friday, June 2nd, 2017 gives you all the reason to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s National Donut Day, and retailers around the city are offering up hot specials that taste good. If you’ve been craving a specialty donut or desiring traditional glazed donut holes, you’re in luck. The city is full of buzzworthy baked goods.
Go ahead and sink your teeth into National Donut Day by exploring these Detroit donut shops:
- Donutville. Enjoy all the classics that you’ve come to know and enjoy. This shop serves cherry fritters and honey dipped doughnuts. Best of all, it’s open 24 hours a day making it the perfect place to visit twice on National Donut Day.
- Dutch Girl Donuts. A family-owned business that has been in operation since 1947, this donut shops makes every ingredient, including its flour, by hand. It’s known for serving some of the best glazed creations in town. It now accepts credit and debit cards, too, making it easy to purchase and enjoy a dozen of your favorite flavor varieties.
- Dilla’s Delights. The uncle of the late J Dilla, a local hip hop artist, opened this organic donut shop as a way of paying tribute to his nephew. The donuts are one-of-a-kind, with some bearing the name of other musical talent such as Aaliyah lemon-filled.
- Elias Donuts. Open around-the-clock, this shop satisfies big appetites with its supersized glazed donuts. It’s the perfect place to eat lunch at, too, because its sandwiches and shakes are delicious. Have a donut for breakfast and come back in the afternoon for the second meal of the day. Or, save your donut for dessert and have lunch here. You won’t be disappointed!
- Southfield’s Donut Bar. If you’re looking for more unique flavors of fried dough to try, you’ll love this shop. Not only does it offer delicious options such as banana split, it even has a s’mores-inspired donut complete with marshmallow topping. The downside to eating at this location is that the donuts tend to be on the pricier end, and they sell out fast. You’ll want to get there early on National Donut Day to make sure that you get what you need to make it to the next day.
- Rose’s Fine Foods. A location that sells donuts like no other, this shop takes the finest ingredients and turns them into delectable treats. It’s recommended to order at least one donut from this location. A featured donut is offered daily, and it is always something scrumptious. Some are topped with sweet raspberries while others appear to be dipped in honey. Whatever your preference may be, you’ll find something to enjoy at Rose’s Fine Foods.
Get your sugar fix on National Donut Day. With so many options to choose from, you could do a donut crawl and discover which location has the best donuts in town. You’re likely to discover some flavor combinations that you didn’t even know existed. That’s one of the most exciting things about branching out and trying something different!